The Mission of Prado Day Center
The mission of the Friends of Prado Day Center is to provide support funding for operation of the Prado Day Center, a service center for the homeless in our community helping them find a level of self-sufficiency appropriate to each individual.
Prado Day Center relies on financial support from the community for daily operations, weekend hours, the children’s program, general supplies, facility repairs and maintenance.
Prado Day Center is the only day center serving the homeless population in the region. Every day, between 90 and 100 people seek refuge and assistance at Prado Day Center. Many of the Center’s participants are women and children.
From 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. every day of the year, Prado Day Center provides a safe haven for those in need and offers a comprehensive array of services and resources to meet basic needs:
- Housing referrals
- Job counseling and skills assessment
- Access to computer & resume/interview coaching
- Medical and rehabilitation services
- Restroom and shower facilities
- Laundry room for client use
- Local phone usage
- Lockers to store personal Items
- Voice mail and message service
- Enriching, age-appropriate activities for children
- Fenced play yard and indoor homework area for children
- Community vegetable and flower garden
- Daily noon meal provided by People’s Kitchen
- Bus tokens for local bus routes to essential service sites
Location of Prado Day Center – 43 Prado Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401